Class 3 Microbiological Safety Cabinets provide full barrier protection for use with high hazard group samples, fully compliant to EN 12469:2000. Class 3 cabinets provide:-
- Totally enclosed main working area
- User separated from the work by a physical barrier
- HEPA Filtered inlet air continuously supplied to the main workarea
- Double HEPA filtered exhaust air to prevent environmental contamination
- Creates total containment protection for both laboratory users and materials
Inflow air passes through an HEPA before entering the class 3 safety cabinet work area. Exhaust air is HEPA filtered before leaving the safety cabinet via a double HEPA filter.
Manipulations within the class 3 safety cabinet are carried out via gloves mechanically attached to the cabinet providing a total seal against any particulate contamination released within the main working area.